J Henshaw jeff at jhenshaw.com
Tue Jun 18 14:23:36 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeme A Brelin" <jeme at brelin.net>
To: "PLUG off-topic discussion" <plug-talk at lists.pdxlinux.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 9:03 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Sounds good to me ;)

> On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, J Henshaw wrote:
> > You forget the reason they all came here, it was to share a common
> > cultural goal.
> >
> > Freedom.
> But you forget that a huge number of people came here unwillingly as
> slaves.

They are free to leave, back to their homeland where the kidnappers that
took them to the seashore still predate the weaker *tribes*

> And another huge number came here to avoid criminal prosecution
> or even as punishment or restitution for acts that are still considered a
> crime here (like theft or rape or murder).

Not only considered a crime but are written Law,  a part of our culture.
Written in English because we created this free refuge ourselves,  with no
help from the circa 1999 criminals of Mexico or Canada flooding in for free
beer

> And the odds are pretty good that those people who came here not for
> freedom, but out of coercion are your ancestors.  They did not choose to
> share in anyone's culture or even their societal goals.

See what happens without civilizations based on cultural values?

Tribal warfare.

jH