Miller, Jeremy JMILLER at ci.albany.or.us
Tue Jun 18 19:40:30 UTC 2002

> > Honestly, I have no idea what you mean.  This statement
> doesn't stand on
> its
> > own, nor do I see continuity with the previous sentence to give it
> context.
> > You may have skipped a dot. :)
>
> Interrupt 13 is the agreed protocol,  and the computer is not
> emotionally
> attached to it, it just knows that at is where to access the
> hard drive.
>
> You can argue all day but it won't affect the conputer. I
> thought this was
> plainly obvious and judicious use of analogy in terms a
> logical geek mind
> can readily grasp.

Yes, I understood that aspect of it.

However, I still don't connect the "non-adding alien invasion" with the
impossibility of screwing up a computer with fuzzy math, or whatever.
(Although handing me an unsolvable equation won't put me in a loop till I go
up in smoke the way a computer might, either.)

I'll accept it as a fast context switch (pulling something from previous
statements and connecting it loosely with the aforementioned bad math to
make a point) and move on.

Note:  You do run things together and switch context a lot.  Is it
impossible to follow or put together?  No... but it does take much more time
than should be neccessary in my opinion.  And time is precious.  (So why the
hell am I in this thread?  I'm not sure. :)

> That's because I haven't connected the dots for you,  I leave
> that to you.

I'm not asking for you to connect them for me... I'm saying that some of the
dots are out of order or on separate pages.  It takes too long to go back
and find them and put them in order.  That is probably why you are losing
people.

Put them all on one page and lay them out so it isn't so time consuming to
follow.

Or stop complaining that people are "stupid, blind, fools, etc" when they
are taking a long time gathering up the dots scattered over multiple posts.
Or determining that to spend that time would be a waste because they value
other things more.

In the meantime, I've seen lots of good questions and points from a lot of
people that haven't been responded to...

... or have been skirted while addressing the trivial bits.  It's somewhat
ironic to accuse others of misdirection while doing a good job of it
yourself. :)