J Henshaw jeff at jhenshaw.com
Tue Jun 18 14:50:23 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Miller, Jeremy" <JMILLER at ci.albany.or.us>
To: <plug-talk at lists.pdxlinux.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 7:40 PM
Subject: RE: [PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Sounds good to me ;)

> > > Honestly, I have no idea what you mean.  This statement
> > doesn't stand on
> > its
> > > own, nor do I see continuity with the previous sentence to give it
> > context.
> > > You may have skipped a dot. :)
> >
> > Interrupt 13 is the agreed protocol,  and the computer is not
> > emotionally
> > attached to it, it just knows that at is where to access the
> > hard drive.
> >
> > You can argue all day but it won't affect the conputer. I
> > thought this was
> > plainly obvious and judicious use of analogy in terms a
> > logical geek mind
> > can readily grasp.
>
> Yes, I understood that aspect of it.
>
> However, I still don't connect the "non-adding alien invasion" with the
> impossibility of screwing up a computer with fuzzy math, or whatever.
> (Although handing me an unsolvable equation won't put me in a loop till I
go
> up in smoke the way a computer might, either.)
>

> I'll accept it as a fast context switch (pulling something from previous
> statements and connecting it loosely with the aforementioned bad math to
> make a point) and move on.
>
> Note:  You do run things together and switch context a lot.  Is it
> impossible to follow or put together?  No... but it does take much more
time
> than should be neccessary in my opinion.  And time is precious.  (So why
the
> hell am I in this thread?  I'm not sure. :)
>

> > That's because I haven't connected the dots for you,  I leave
> > that to you.
>
> I'm not asking for you to connect them for me... I'm saying that some of
the
> dots are out of order or on separate pages.  It takes too long to go back
> and find them and put them in order.  That is probably why you are losing
> people.
>
> Put them all on one page and lay them out so it isn't so time consuming to
> follow.
>
> Or stop complaining that people are "stupid, blind, fools, etc" when they
> are taking a long time gathering up the dots scattered over multiple
posts.
> Or determining that to spend that time would be a waste because they value
> other things more.
>
> In the meantime, I've seen lots of good questions and points from a lot of
> people that haven't been responded to...

So far so good,  fair enough.

> ... or have been skirted while addressing the trivial bits.  It's somewhat
> ironic to accuse others of misdirection while doing a good job of it
> yourself. :)

Here,  you lose me.  Because I have asked the most piercing and direct
questions,  and none answered in two days.

Quesitions like can a person delegate more authority than he has,  and can
his delegate have more authority than the person he serves?

Questions like,  can a country attack itself?

The reason no one connects the dots is because they don't answer the
questions I ask as steeping stones toward understanding.