J Henshaw jeff at jhenshaw.com
Tue Jun 18 16:09:49 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Johnson" <russj at dimstar.net>
To: <plug-talk at lists.pdxlinux.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 5:14 PM
Subject: RE: [PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Sounds good to me ;)

> At 02:08 AM 6/18/2002 -0700, you wrote:
> > >In contrast to the southern border, we have the northern border. It's
> > >the longest undefended border in the world. We also don't seem to have
> > >problem there.
> >
> >We should also gaurd the northern border.
>
> Why? If there is no problem, why?
>
> > > I think the state and federal governments should not spend one dime
> > > of my tax money translating ballots and driver's hand books into other
> > > languages.  While the immigrant has one language to learn,
> >
> >Clearly, I have not communicated this point well.  I will try again.  We
all
> >need to speak the same language and be one culture.
>
> Again, why? Why must those who come from another culture, abandon it and
> embrace our, imported, culture? Because we were here first?

No,  because they came here,  not vice versa.  They are either coming here
to pillage or to obey the law and respect the culture.

> Why does everyone in this country HAVE to speak English? Obviously, you
> haven't traveled this country much. There are areas where Spanish,
Italian,
> French and German are the dominant languages of the region, and have been
> for hundreds of years. Why should those, born in the US people, be forced
> to speak English?

They choose to enter rather than fight their own devils
dirt is dirt,  on any continent,  so they must come here for political
reasons or to conquer
some state openly it is to conquer
they want california back

> That would be like Quebec forcing British Columbia to speak French as it's
> primary language. But then, that debate has been going on for some time
too.

> >   In every country that
> >has more than one culture you have a long bloody war until one side wins
and
> >enslaves or exterminates the other.

History is indeed a good teacher,  the best teacher

> Canada is a good example of where this hasn't happened. The US as well.
> We've peacefully co-existed with folks that speak other languages for well
> over 200 years as a country, and well over 400 years on this continent.
> Remember, there were English, French and Spanish colonies on this
> continent. I'm sure those folks didn't all speak English when they set
foot
> on this continent.
>
> >Or the country gets devided into 2 or
> >more counties.  If we are all one culture, this will not happen.  It is
one
> >of the great strengths of America that we allow others to come here and
> >become our equals.
>
> And we should accept them AS THEY ARE, and embrace the cultural richness
> that they bring with them.

But NOT vice versa for we have white guilt inculcated to the weak minded
voters wholesale