Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Jun 18 23:47:29 UTC 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, J Henshaw wrote:
> Quesitions like can a person delegate more authority than he has, and
> can his delegate have more authority than the person he serves?

I didn't see this question before, but I believe the answer is that a
delegate can have more authority than a single person he serves becuase
the delegate can be vested with the power of multiple persons.

> Questions like, can a country attack itself?

A country can attack its people.  There are numerous examples.

I have been attacked by representatives of this State and it has been
determined that they had the legal authority to do so.  If we assume that
the legal authority of the state comes from the people, then I was,
somehow, in part, attacking myself against my will.

However, Oregon doesn't have a clause quite like the Constitution of
Virginia has in Section 2.

> The reason no one connects the dots is because they don't answer the
> questions I ask as steeping stones toward understanding.

You are not Socrates.

No one connects the dots because, as Jeremy said, they are unnumbered and
were revealed out of sequence, on different pages.  You can connect the
dots if you know what you're trying to draw... maybe.

When I was 11, my public school class was given little cards with existing
constellations of stars marked on them, but neither the name nor the
outline of the constellation was given.  We were told to "connect the
dots" and write a story about the constellation and why it is in the
heavens.  I don't think any of the drawings matched the constellations
conceived and documented by the ancients.

Moral:  There are lots of different ways of connecting the same dots that
are equally valid drawings.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin