Craighead, Scot D craighead.scot at vectorscm.com
Wed Jun 19 00:06:03 UTC 2002

>I didn't say anything about taking or giving.
>
>Personally, I think we should take from the few (let's say the 5% that
>hold more than 75% of the wealth) and give to the few (let's say the 40%
>of this country that have no wealth of which to speak).

You seem to be begging to hear this so I will accommodate you.  This is what
we refer to as redistributing wealth.  It is not greed to want to keep what
is properly yours.  It is immoral to take what is not yours.  If I sow more
than you do and as a result I reap more, that is OK.  It does not justify
you to take some of mine because you choose to sow less than I did.
Furthermore, I have a right to pass what I have accumulated to my children
when I die.  If each generation passes more that the last, that is not
immoral either.  As it happens, I wasn't passed much.  Does that mean I have
the right to take from someone who was?  No.

Go ahead, start spinning now.  Marx would be proud.