Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Jun 19 00:21:35 UTC 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, J Henshaw wrote:
> > We both agree that the best thing to do is to stop the crime before it
> > happens with the least inconvenience to the potential criminal.
>
> I disagree with the above for very strong reasons

Care to share what they are?

> > But it is a matter of implementation upon which we disagree:  You
> > think we need iron fences on the border and armed guards maybe even
> > some kind of fancy tracking system (Citizen Chip Implants?) so we can
> > quickly tell a Legal from an Illegal and take care of things then and
> > there.  I think it would be much more respectful, inexpensive, and
> > quick to simply repeal the law.
>
> Far from it,  but:
> Why do you respect criminals so much

We're not talking about criminals.  We're talking about people who have
NOT YET broken a law.  I believe in respecting people.  You want to put up
walls and assume guilt.  I want to stop people from becoming criminals by
decriminalizing things that are not WRONG.  You want to respect Law
regardless of right or wrong and prevent, protect, and punish.

> > Without law, there are no criminals.
> False

Care to restate?  Out-of-hand dismissal never convinced anyone.

> > I think you're trying to tell us (and correct me if I'm wrong) that
> > illegal immigrants are freeloaders and ne'er-do-wells that just want to
> > suck up the luxurious lifestyle afforded to the poorest Americans by our
> > generous and grandfatherly state subsidies.
>
> No, the state sponsored school system and the news anchors told you
> that

No, that's what I'm understanding from what you've written.

And I don't see any difference between what you write and what I see in
the for-profit news media.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin