Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Jun 19 01:46:45 UTC 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Craighead, Scot D wrote:
> It's not just the easiest for me, it's the easiest for the majority.
> If 99% of the population of the country I chooses to live in speaks a
> language, I would learn that language, not expect everyone else to
> learn mine.

Nobody said anything about "everyone else".

The easiest solution for the majority is to leave things as they are; no
harm, no foul.

The easiest thing for the MOST people is to require public servants to
speak the languages of the people they serve.  There are far fewer public
servants who must speak to the public in a most regions than people who
speak a non-english language natively.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin