J Henshaw jeff at jhenshaw.com
Tue Jun 18 20:21:29 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Miller, Jeremy" <JMILLER at ci.albany.or.us>
To: <plug-talk at lists.pdxlinux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 12:26 AM
Subject: RE: [PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Sounds good to me ;)

> Basically, don't use the stepping stones as a club when someone doesn't
want
> to step on the next one.  Skip over it, and be clear that you are skipping
> over it.  They may change their mind later, once they figure out where you
> are going.  Suprisingly, they often do.  They at least get a good idea of
> where you are coming from and why, even if they decide to disagree in the
> end.

Well I guess that's where being able to design and build houses that stand
over time has made me more acutely aware of the value of a good foundation,
and I don't care to set myself up for a fall by allowing you or anyone else
to cause me to build an outcome-based house of cards built on a foundation
of sand metaphorically speaking.

You do realize that I am arguing with people that have three or more answers
to two plus two?

jH