Doug Davis mindglow at dsl-only.net
Wed Jun 19 05:26:45 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 13:49, J Henshaw wrote:

> And since the class of 78 for this country had less than 1% kids who were at
> my 99th percentile reading and comprehension level according to the tests
> they gave us,  you might consider listening to me.  I am not being arrogant
> or egotistical,  just pointing out that this stuff takes a lot of reading
> and comprehension and I am a resource.

Apparently, those tests did not evaluate your comprehension of the word
percentile. All tests have only 1% of test takers in the 99th
percentile. This does not mean anything other than that you scored in
the top 1% of the group that took the test. Judging from your writing
and logic skills, this set of kids must have done pretty poorly as a
whole.

Doug