Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Wed Jun 19 05:50:51 UTC 2002

What amendment in the Constitution says that? I don't see one.

Even the oath that a new military member takes does not say that. Here it is:

I, ___________________________________,
  do solemly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution
  of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will
  bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders
  of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed
  overme, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So
  help me God.

 It says that they will protect the constitution (not the country) from all "enemies" both foreign and domestic.

Immigrants illegal or otherwise, have not been determined to be enemies, and it hasn't been shown that they are attacking the constitution.

--
"The power to untie is stronger than the power to tie."

Well, yeah, otherwise my shoes would tie themselves.

---

Russ Johnson
Stargate Online

http://www.dimstar.net