J Henshaw jeff at jhenshaw.com
Tue Jun 18 22:56:43 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Johnson" <russj at dimstar.net>
To: <plug-talk at lists.pdxlinux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 5:41 AM
Subject: Re: [PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Sounds good to me ;)

> Actually, I would forward the notion that what Jeme said is the more
important underlying issue.

> It's not a matter of illegal or legal. It's a matter of what is right and
wrong.

> Even the founding fathers realized that laws could be made that were
unjust. For this reason, they created the supreme court to interpret those
laws.

Wrong again,  for that exact reason we had a jury of peers, who were
comprised your 12 closest neighbors.
And if they had any critical thinking skills they could be trusted to use
sound judgement;  why do you suppose they changed the system a little and
sequester the juries now?
Isn't this an indication that the average juror has NO critical thinking
skills?
If you do why do you allow them to tell you what you can or cannot read?
Furthermore any law is null and void for vagueness,  and if the "Supremes"
can't agree it must be pretty damned vague, I should say.