Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Wed Jun 19 06:09:35 UTC 2002

No, not wrong. Juries view the facts as presented by the lawyers, and decide whether the facts say you broke the law as written. They do not interpret that law, other than to understand it.

The Supreme Court has the power to not only overturn convictions, but overturn laws that are unjust. Juries can't do that. The Supreme Court interprets the law and can say wether an earlier decision was wrong or not. They not only interpret to understand, they interpret to define what they law says.

--
"The power to untie is stronger than the power to tie."

Well, yeah, otherwise my shoes would tie themselves.

---

Russ Johnson
Stargate Online

http://www.dimstar.net