Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Jun 19 07:19:47 UTC 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, J Henshaw wrote:
> > Um... right.  So the Europeans took away the natural right of the Natives
> > to survive by restricting the use of the land to particular
> > individuals.  Hence, there was war and it was caused by the greed and lack
> > of respect inherent in the European invasion and yielded the destruction
> > of many civilizations.
>
> Look dude, I wasn't there and neither were you, we can't depend on the
> movie Geronimo for our cultural documentary now can we?

I didn't see it.  But I'm not making claims about the particulars.  I
don't think anyone disputes what I wrote above, except for maybe the use
of the phrase "natural right".

To play your game:
Facts:
The Native Americans occupied nearly all of the land the Europeans chose
to settle.
The Native Americans were not allowed to continue living on that land and
were pushed back and labelled "savages".
Those who requested and those who granted land in the European colonies on
North America had no intent of sharing the use of the land with the
Natives.
Many native civilizations were destroyed.

> If we all come from Africa and if your home has no locks on the doors
> where's the problem, Jeme?

I don't know what Africa has to do with any of this.

> But you do have locks.  And we do all come from one mother.

The locks on my house are like the locks on the door at 7-Eleven.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net