Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Jun 19 07:37:12 UTC 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, J Henshaw wrote:
> No, to practice it without interference on a nearly empty continent
> wouldn't you say.

Their "practice" involved persecuting those who did not follow their
faith.  That's an imposition.

And I wouldn't say the continent was "nearly empty"... not even
close.  Nearly every square inch was teeming with life.

> And you all encouraged immigration already.

No, I encourage immigration into the United States of America, unimpeded
and without restriction (if I may speak for a few others).  I do not
believe all nations should have such rules.  I believe this country is
special in that regard and should try to maintain that unique condition of
being a nation of immigrants.

The damage to the Native civilizations is done.  We can give whatever
concessions possible, honor the treaties, and try to make right some of
the wrongs of history, but it is no longer possible to restore those
civilizations.  Hence, we are a nation of immigrants and we should
continue to be so, unhindered by greedy nimby isolationists.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net