J Henshaw jeff at jhenshaw.com
Wed Jun 19 01:01:20 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Miller, Jeremy" <JMILLER at ci.albany.or.us>
To: <plug-talk at lists.pdxlinux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 1:02 AM
Subject: RE: [PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Sounds good to me ;)

> > > Funny thing is, strong resistance to immigration probably
> > created the
> > > "problem" to begin with.  If you won't let people come over legally,
> > they're
> > > going to do it illegally.  So who's fault is it REALLY that
> > there are so
> > > many illegals? :)
> >

> > If we just made murder legal, the poor murderers wouldnt be criminals?
> > I feel no such guilt.
>
> Somehow I knew that was coming. :) (It usually does, when the issue of
> changing laws comes up, and there is a disagreement on whether they need
> changing or not.)
>

> > You need to see a doctor for your meds.
>

> Nah.  In this case this wasn't something I agree with, really.  Just
playing
> devil's advocate, really.  (I thought I implied that with my tone, but I
> guess not well enough.  OK.)  Aside from the last line, it does hold
fairly
> true, though.  Contributing factors, and the result.  Doesn't make it
right,
> but that is what can happen.

Whew!  Had me worried there. Glad to here you're still among the living!

> > > And not to stir up any more trouble but... ya know they
> > WERE here first.
> > :)
> >
> > I think that they made it plain that they claimed not the land.
>
> Um... you must be misunderstanding me.  Or just barely missed my drift. :)
>
> > I believe they said no one can own land.
>
> You must be talking about Native Americans.  In that case, sort of yeah.
> Though they did claim territorial rights and sometimes fight over them.
> Sort of a different concept from our land ownership, but not entirely
> without some concept of "mine".
>
> > I also believe they were Pagan,  and these so-called
> > murdering white men
>
> Well, white men did murder a lot of them.  And vice versa, for that
matter.
> Both unfortunate.
>
> > came to share a cultural value called "love your brother" and
> > were scalped
> > instead.
>
> Well, most (or at least many) weren't exactly sharing "love your brother"
> values.  They were probably making life a lot harder for those who were
> trying to do just that.

Please justify this,  somehow,  with a fact or two.
And don't tell me you saw it in Geronimo,  the movie where Geronimo keeps
talking about "the one true god" even though even Jeme knows different,  the
movie where drunken white boys are hell-bent on murder for the fun of seeing
red soil.

Who made that crap?  Anyone care to wager on the ethnicity of the
moviemakers?

I'll bet it is descendants of a homeless people.  The real criminals,  who
make life harder for the productive peaceful workers,   who want you to hate
private property rights while you finance their taking of land from
palestinians.
Because they never had any until this last generation.  And they stole it.
And you pay for it with your tax dollars and your skyline remodeling.
And you can't see a dot if it was on your forehead.
Zombies,  I swear.

> > > (Well, maybe not this far north but you catch my drift!)
> >
> > Not sure I like the smell much,  but I catch it and threw it
> > right back at
> > ya.
> >
> > Okay sorry about the smell part,  it was a joke.
>
> No apology neccessary.  And yes, I did laugh. :)
>
> But as I said, you missed it.  (Perhaps a good thing? :)

:)

> I was referring to the fact that the entire southwestern United States was
> colonized by Spain.  Combine with the locals, and you have the Hispanic
> people and culture.
>
> We took that land from Spain.  Mexico kicked Spain out... if we hadn't
taken
> that land from Spain already it would've been part of Mexico.  They
> certainly thought it should be, and tried to do something about it.
Didn't
> get far.
>
> Anyway, I'm no expert on that era and may be butchering it badly, so by
all
> means check and correct me if you like.  But my "drift" was that the
> hispanics were there before "we" were.  (Not first, but first if just
> counting between "us" and "them".)
>
> And maybe this is how the hispanics in Mexico are attempting to reclaim
the
> territory lost to the US, via Spain. :)
>
> (Remember, I was in devil's advocate mode.)

Thanks,  I need help sometimes after dealing with so many actual devils.