Doug Davis mindglow at dsl-only.net
Wed Jun 19 14:21:42 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 16:23, J Henshaw wrote:

> Oh really?
> I just told you many personal anecdotes that are enough to make you wonder.
Jeff,

If you are skilled in your analytical abilities as you claim to be your
should know that anecdotal evidence cannot be extended to show that
those things are indicitive of the whole group. Do you really expect us
to believe that because you know of 2 cases where illegal immigrants
were rapists that all people that immigrate to thins country illegally
are rapists? Come on now. Your certainly setting up a straw man though.
Your argument goes like this:

1) I know of 2 cases where illegal immigrants raped someone.
2) Illegal immigrants are rapists
3) You support people being able to immigrate to this country.
4) You support rape

Do you even see the serious jumps in logic that one must make to argue
like this? Perhaps you need some work on your 99th percentile reading
and comprehension skills.

To me you are just an arrogant egotistical blowhard that does not
analyze the so called facts that he has read. When someone doesn't agree
with your flawed analysis, than we are too slow or stupid to get it. I'm
thinking that maybe these characteristics apply to you. If you don't
agree with their logic, the point is irrelevant in your mind. (but not
to anyone else) You criticize others spelling and grammar mistakes but
your writing abounds with them. Maybe its you that needs to open your
mind?

Doug