Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Wed Jun 19 18:08:11 UTC 2002

A reservation is little more than a concentration camp for those we don't wish to share the land with.

In the 1930s-40s, Hitler had a few of them, and we had some for Americans of Japanese decent.

In the 1600s through today, we have them for the Native Americans.

It tends to be land that has little or no marketable value, much of it you can't grow crops on. We moved the Native Americans from their original ranges to these places where they had to give up their ways. The Siuslaw tribe used to live along the Siuslaw river. Where are they now? I give you a hint. It's NOT in Florence.

--
"The power to untie is stronger than the power to tie."

Well, yeah, otherwise my shoes would tie themselves.

---

Russ Johnson
Stargate Online

http://www.dimstar.net