J Henshaw jeff at jhenshaw.com
Wed Jun 19 11:12:46 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Johnson" <russj at dimstar.net>
To: <plug-talk at lists.pdxlinux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 4:52 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Sounds good to me ;)

> On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:46:57 -0000
> "J Henshaw" <jeff at jhenshaw.com> wrote:
> > > My statement was very self explainatory. You claimed that
monoculturalism
> > is the only way to prevent internal warfare.
> >
> > Not exactly,  Russ.  I'm not sure I take it that far,  haven't thoguht
much
> > about it because it isn't relevant,  because it isn't the way things
are.

> On 6.18.2002 at 04:28 (That's the time on your message) you said:
> "History has shown the falicy of multiculturalism."
>
> Are you saying now, that you did not say that, or that it doesn't mean
what it appears to mean?

I am not going to say "Send them back to Africa" for you.
I have already said they are free to go,  and no one touched that.
I saw a documentary on PBS where a black professor goes to Africa and talks
to the rich king who is a decendant of the slave trading blacks who sold
their brothers to the buyers of flesh,  and he makes a terrific case for why
they don't leave in droves.
Essentially it is because they have it better here than anywhere else in the
world,  and they know it.
The blacks would throw their ID's in the ocaen he says, and jump for joy
after arriving on "Afrikan" shores
In a week or three days they were swimming around the reefs looking for
their papers so they could get the hell out of there.

> > >I claim that this country doesn't suffer from that problem, save the
civil
> > war.
> > >
> > > Now you attack me to attempt to dispute my arguments.
> >
> > What the hell?
> > Do you mean you won't say yes or no to being a coward?
>
> That wasn't the question. I am by no means a coward. I've been in our
military, and I'd stand up to defend her today if the need arises.

AS I am now with words.

> I don't feel the folks coming from other countries to live with us are a
threat.
> Terrorists are a threat. Define terrorist. When I can tell a terrorist
standing in a lineup, then we'll know what to look for.

Illegal immigration is illegal still.  The point should be well made by now
I should think.
I wasn't necessarily directing it to you specifically,  you are not
unreasonable.

> > > This is a recurring theme with you. When you can't argue logically,
you turn
> > > to attacking your opponent, not his ideas.
> >
> > Hogwash.
>
> Um, I've pointed it out repeatedly when I see it. If you can show how your
ramblings are relevant, I'd be happy to see it.

My ramblings are entirely on point I believe,  and we can't build a house
until we have a plan that has a foundation.
We cannot build the roof first.
But I'm sure Jeme will have a translation for roof that means floor.

> > > If you don't have an argument to rebut the ideas, then maybe you are
> > operating under a false premis?
> >
> > Spelling
>
> Yes, let's argue semantics and not the topic now. More redirection on your
part. Thank you for making my point above.

Not misdirection but an observation.  One with no predicate and implied
conclusion atall.

There is a difference,  and I know we all make typos, but I have only
pointed out this one,  because others have made it an issue in the first
place,  usually with the implication that it makes me a blowhard if I
transpose a letter and therefore my blueprints must also be entirely redone.
My manuscript of the blueprint is not the actual blueprint so it's a false
premise.
The points I try to make are being made for logical resons,  and most every
tough question  is either ignored or given a wiggly new math answer.
That gets tiresome.
I am trying to communicate with people who cannot add.
2+2=4 so the rafter shall be 4 cubits.
Jeme's house has rafters that have 2 or more lengths in one rafter and it is
not using the cubit,  but an arbitrary measurement of his choice.
This is clear to me.
It will not stand if his rafters are nailed to the (windows in his case)
with ink instead of iron,  either.

jH