J Henshaw jeff at jhenshaw.com
Wed Jun 19 11:14:53 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Johnson" <russj at dimstar.net>
To: <plug-talk at lists.pdxlinux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 5:10 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Sounds good to me ;)

> On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:55:30 -0000
> "J Henshaw" <jeff at jhenshaw.com> wrote:
>
> > I am in complete agreement here.
>
> As am I, with the screen press statement Jeme made.
>
> > Can you agree then that language IS important?  I believe it was you who
> > stated otherwise.
>
> Language IS importand. The fact remains that we are a nation of
immigrants, and as such, no one language is spoken by all.

Irrelevant because the Constitution is in English.  This is why we have a
citizenship test.  You cannot be a citizen if you do not know the meaning of
the word.

> > Can you agree that if they do not understand,  or in essence communicate
> > with their delegators of constitutional protections and take more power
than
> > they were delegated,  we will have Civil War 2?
>
> This is exactly why the INS has their website in 6 languages. I'm suprised
they don't have it in any Asian languages.

> BTW, I discovered yesterday that to become a citizen, you have to speak,
read and write in English. Of course, being born here carries no such
burden.

Not many are born speaking a language but I guess that is too logical huh.

jH