J Henshaw jeff at jhenshaw.com
Wed Jun 19 11:24:40 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Johnson" <russj at dimstar.net>
To: <plug-talk at lists.pdxlinux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 5:41 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Sounds good to me ;)

> But Jeff, yours and mine are NOT mutually exclusive. That's the point that
Jeme, Jeremy and myself are trying to get across to you.

> It's quite possible for us to share something, making it both mine and
yours or ours.

> Something is mutually exclusive ONLY if it's not possible for both to be
true at one time.

> For example, it's not possible for you to be on the moon, and on earth at
the same time.

> It is possible for you to own a car, and for someone else to own the same
car. However, it's usually mutually exclusive as to who can drive the car at
one time.

> On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:44:01 -0000
> "J Henshaw" <jeff at jhenshaw.com> wrote:

Sounds like a good time to apply the more communicative "ours" or "shared"
or " We own the car in an equity contract"
It's like your land which is the city's because you contracted with them for
benefits like fire and police,  and guaranteed a levy with your land,  so it
is no longer yours.  You don't own it but they say they do,  until the IRS
takes it or the county for taxes.
They need permission to build a toolshed and think that they own it.