J Henshaw jeff at jhenshaw.com
Wed Jun 19 11:43:19 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Johnson" <russj at dimstar.net>
To: <plug-talk at lists.pdxlinux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 6:35 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Sounds good to me ;)

> Yes you can. Be born here. A baby understands nothing except hunger and
discomfort.

You whine that there is a burden for an immigrant to be able to know the
meaning of a word they must agree to,  to become a citizen.
You say being born here has no such requirement;  seemingly to imply a
racial bias or other such nonsense;  I put it to you that babies don't speak
ANY language yet so the requirement would be ludicrous.
I also might addd that babies go wherever they are taken, by adults old
enough to read and write a language in every case,  so the argument is MOOT.