Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Wed Jun 19 19:03:06 UTC 2002

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:12:46 -0000
"J Henshaw" <jeff at jhenshaw.com> wrote:

> > On 6.18.2002 at 04:28 (That's the time on your message) you said:
> > "History has shown the falicy of multiculturalism."
> >
> > Are you saying now, that you did not say that, or that it doesn't mean
> what it appears to mean?
>
> I am not going to say "Send them back to Africa" for you.
> I have already said they are free to go,  and no one touched that.

Huh? you've gone off on a tangent again, or assumed I know where your going. I think you are expecting me to think like you too much.

You stated, "History has shown the falicy of multiculturalism."

To which I replied, that our culture is by it's very nature multicultural. Because we all immigrated from various areas of the world, we can't help but be multicultural.

You then claimed to not support monoculture.

So I found one of several messages where you stated that multiculturalism is bad.

In this case, monoculture and multiculture ARE mutually exclusive. You can't have both.

Now, as a direct reply to being presented with your multiculturalism statement, you come back with sending the black people back to Africa.

Please explain the link...

> civil
> > > war.

> > > What the hell?
> > > Do you mean you won't say yes or no to being a coward?
> >
> > That wasn't the question. I am by no means a coward. I've been in our
> military, and I'd stand up to defend her today if the need arises.
>
> AS I am now with words.

In your opinion. Opinions vary. I think you are harming the country more than helping it. I feel that some of your opinions are biggotted, selfcentered, and racist.

> > I don't feel the folks coming from other countries to live with us are a
> threat.
> > Terrorists are a threat. Define terrorist. When I can tell a terrorist
> standing in a lineup, then we'll know what to look for.
>
> Illegal immigration is illegal still.  The point should be well made by now
> I should think.
> I wasn't necessarily directing it to you specifically,  you are not
> unreasonable.

Thank you for realising that I am (usually) a reasonable person. Yes, illegal immigration is illegal. The question in my mind is, "Is it wrong?" Just because something is illegal does not make it wrong.

For many years, gambling was illegal in this state. Now it's legal. Does that make it right? In many folks eyes, gambling is wrong anytime. I happen to not feel strongly one way or the other. It's an example.

I could go on with the same example using alcohol and drugs.

--
"The power to untie is stronger than the power to tie."

Well, yeah, otherwise my shoes would tie themselves.

---

Russ Johnson
Stargate Online

http://www.dimstar.net