J Henshaw jeff at jhenshaw.com
Wed Jun 19 12:13:55 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russ Johnson" <russj at dimstar.net>
To: <plug-talk at lists.pdxlinux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 7:03 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Sounds good to me ;)

> On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:12:46 -0000
> "J Henshaw" <jeff at jhenshaw.com> wrote:
>
> > > On 6.18.2002 at 04:28 (That's the time on your message) you said:
> > > "History has shown the falicy of multiculturalism."
> > >
> > > Are you saying now, that you did not say that, or that it doesn't mean
> > what it appears to mean?
> >
> > I am not going to say "Send them back to Africa" for you.
> > I have already said they are free to go,  and no one touched that.
>
> Huh? you've gone off on a tangent again, or assumed I know where your
going. I think you are expecting me to think like you too much.

> You stated, "History has shown the falicy of multiculturalism."
>
> To which I replied, that our culture is by it's very nature multicultural.
Because we all immigrated from various areas of the world, we can't help but
be multicultural.

> You then claimed to not support monoculture.

I claimed to know that it is futile at this point to discuss the monoculture
as a possibility on these shores
The Chinese have no such problem
This does not constitute support for your assertion that I do not support it

> So I found one of several messages where you stated that multiculturalism
is bad.

> In this case, monoculture and multiculture ARE mutually exclusive. You
can't have both.

> Now, as a direct reply to being presented with your multiculturalism
statement, you come back with sending the black people back to Africa.

I recall saying it was Lincoln's assessment of the best course of action in
1871

> Please explain the link...

> > civil

> > > That wasn't the question. I am by no means a coward. I've been in our
> > military, and I'd stand up to defend her today if the need arises.
> >
> > AS I am now with words.
>
> In your opinion. Opinions vary. I think you are harming the country more
than helping it. I feel that some of your opinions are biggotted,
selfcentered, and racist.

Because you cannot get real; it's the new math

> > > I don't feel the folks coming from other countries to live with us are
> > threat.
> > > Terrorists are a threat. Define terrorist. When I can tell a terrorist
> > standing in a lineup, then we'll know what to look for.
> >
> > Illegal immigration is illegal still.  The point should be well made by
now
> > I should think.
> > I wasn't necessarily directing it to you specifically,  you are not
> > unreasonable.
>
> Thank you for realising that I am (usually) a reasonable person. Yes,
illegal immigration is illegal. The question in my mind is, "Is it wrong?"
Just because something is illegal does not make it wrong.

Already stipulated,  and time to move on
It is not a discussion of bigotry that I desire,  but of reality and
communiction
with a touch of overpopulation, because it is unsustainable
A worthy discussion

> For many years, gambling was illegal in this state. Now it's legal. Does
that make it right? In many folks eyes, gambling is wrong anytime. I happen
to not feel strongly one way or the other. It's an example.