Miller, Jeremy JMILLER at ci.albany.or.us
Wed Jun 19 20:52:44 UTC 2002

> And I will say again and again until answered:
> Why will they not fight the devils in their own house?
> Do you want more cowards to overpopulate this soil?
> They start off on both wrong feet.

OK, I'll answer:

I do not know.  There are likely many reasons.  But I do not know them, and
anyone claiming to know them all is attempting to overstep human
limitations.

I'll counter with:

Why did legal immigrants not fight the devils in their own house instead?

 and

Why did European settlers not fight the devils in their own house instead?

The devils in the house don't really relate to whether or not an immigrant
is illegal.

And I'm not concerned about any of those devils.  You are correct that it
was their problem, not mine.  But we're talking about our house here, and
I'm concerned about the basic assumption that one is innocent until proven
guilty.  Including all immigrants from all time periods.  Painting groups of
people (rather than individuals) with these broad strokes inevitably
declares guilt on parties that most definitly were not proven so.  (Throw
out the guilty ones as guilty, and call it even.)

I take issue with that whenever I see it, and will continue to do so.
Whether I care about or share anything in common with the person/people in
question or no.