Legality vs. Right (was RE: [PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Sounds goo d to me ;))

Miller, Jeremy JMILLER at ci.albany.or.us
Wed Jun 19 22:26:49 UTC 2002

> Well,  I am tired so I will make this short;  Lawful is more
> important than
> Legal,  for it is based on Rights.
> Natural Law being most important,
> But these fellows refuse to acknowledge Natural law.
> Their computers boot in interrupt 666

OK, so...

Lawful > Legal
Legal = Rights

and

Natural Law > Legal
Natural Law > Lawful
Natural Law > Rights

Let's break that down a bit...

Natural Law > Lawful > Legal

and

Natural Law > Lawful > Rights

Perhaps I'm off base, but if Legal is based on rights, that means to me that
they are either equal in importance, or the intent is that they should be.
(My "=" is referring to your scale of importance, not stating that they are
the exact same thing.)  If I am, correct me.

Now, let's get some definitions for:

Natural Law
Lawful
Legal
Rights

(Your terms, so you define.)

Once done, we can relate them and this priority sequence.  And move on to
exploring the relationship between them... particularly between Legal and
Right, which were my chosen terms.

Lets make sure we agree on definitions of the two before we continue.