Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Thu Jun 20 09:51:46 UTC 2002

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, J Henshaw wrote:
> > The problem then, is that history is written by the victor. What you
> > and I learned in our public education history classes is from the
> > European Settlers perspective.
>
> I covered this already

I can't seem to find your coverage.  Could you please cover it again?

> > How much did we really learn about the Native American perspective,
> > and why they were attacking the invading Europeans?
>
> Perjorative therefore prejudiced statement

None of the words in that question are used pejoratively.  There was an
invasion, there were attacks.  The peoples were Native American and
European.  We really did learn (I hope).  Which part did you think was
pejorative?

And even if there WAS a pejorative in the quote, the use of pejoratives is
not necessarily based on prejudice.

I can say that a dog is ugly because I believe he is ugly and that is not
prejudice, but it is pejorative.

Perhaps you should take the time to study this language you insist is so
imporant to communication.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin