Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Thu Jun 20 12:32:32 UTC 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Craighead, Scot D wrote:
> The illegal immigrants are not terrorists, but they come through a
> hole that can also be used by the terrorists.  If we can block that
> hole and force them to register as they come in, we can also check to
> see if they are known terrorists sneaking into the country or not. We
> can also see if they are criminals freeing from the law in other
> countries.  Does that make sense?

Not really.

First, there are very few "known terrorists" that are the type you should
really worry about allowing into your country.  The real threat, in the
modern age, is the suicide bomber and those people are almost always just
unknowns.  Usually too unstable to bring into the public until the big
day.  And, all in all, terrorism is just a red herring.  The whole scare
just exists to draw attention away from the real cause of the so-called
"terrorist" attacks around the world:  abominable U.S. foreign policy.

Second, this country was, as they so often say, founded by criminals
fleeing the law in other countries.  I say that if the other country can
prove they might be a criminal, that country can bring forward evidence
and extradite based on OUR evidentiary procedures.  Who knows what might
get a person "WANTED for murder" in Lower Dadianaland?  Being wanted is
not the same as being a criminal.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin