[PLUG-TALK] Scot Craighead's mailer

Miller, Jeremy JMILLER at ci.albany.or.us
Thu Jun 20 19:42:31 UTC 2002

> >Conversing with Jeff, if indeed you can call it that, on the
> other hand was
> >utterly pointless and wasteful.
>
> That I disagree with.  Jeff does not come right out and say
> what he has to
> say, but waits for you to be led where he wants you to go.

I disagree also, because I am getting *something* out of it, and I recognize
that he does that.  I don't object because I am often guilty of doing the
same myself.  (I do understand that when overdone it can drive people crazy.
Perhaps that is what happened to Jeme?)

 - Note to Jeme:  I'm just kidding. :)

I will say he wastes way too much time name calling, and flaring up
emotions.  (Purposefully?  Maybe, maybe not.)  Maybe that would explain some
refusal to listen.  In reality, it draws focus away from whatever his actual
point is.  Which hurts his own argument.

Namely, I think his leading tactics needs some refinement, or more
organization.  That is, if he's truly trying to lead anyone to a
destination.  We don't need to go over the river and through the woods to
Grandmother's house and back, if the destination simply at the end of our
driveway.  Lead to the destination, and skip the wild goose chase.

> You can't hear
> what you refuse to hear.

And it is hard to separate the point from the chaff when a much of what you
heard wasn't related to the point.  Especially when the point hasn't been
stated yet, and your being asked to follow his path to it.  There's way more
dots on his page than the ones he wants connected.  And he's laying his
stepping stones through a field of rocks.

Speaking of rocks, his stepping stone metaphor was changed to a stone
foundation when I suggested jumping over one to come back to it later.  (Due
to disagreement, and wanting to see where we're being taken.)

I was going to switch along and mention that a stone foundation will also
fall if placed on unstable land, subject to liquefaction.  <hint>What makes
any particular commodity hold its value over others</hint>.  But since I'd
asked that a few times already to no avail (and no ground is 100% safe
anyway), I passed.  Or did I? :)