Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Fri Jun 21 03:54:01 UTC 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Miller, Jeremy wrote:
> > These words were not written by Americans.  They were written
> > by the French.
>
> True.

Not true.  Read my post from this morning.

> But we're the ones that plunked this wonderful (and large) gift in the
> middle of our harbor and announced that newcomers should come in that
> way. :)

And we (the people of the United States of America) are the ones that put
the words at the bottom and transformed the statue from a representation
of the illuminating power of liberty to a beacon for the hopeless and
desperate yearning to breathe free.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin