Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Fri Jun 21 20:46:59 UTC 2002

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Craighead, Scot D wrote:
> >Which definitions?
>
> I make a statement like "Most people in the United States speak
> English" and no one can agree with that.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

I just think that it's ridiculous and self-contradictory to say that you
don't want majority rule, but you want english to be the sole official
language because most people speak english.

> >Are you saying that you really don't agree in the idea of sharing your
> >excess and having a default accept, rather than default deny, policy
> >with regard to helping others?
>
> I share what I have with who I decide to.

I'm not asking what you do.  I'm asking if you agree with the idea of
sharing your excess and having a default accept, rather than deny, policy.

> I don't feel that others have a right to tell me what I should share
> or call me greedy if I disagree.

Everyone has the right to tell you what you should do.  Nobody has the
right to tell you what you must do.

Dig the difference?

I think (and will tell you) that you should share everything you don't
think you really need.  Does that mean you have to do it?  Nope.  That's
tyranny... even if I'm a duly elected delegate of the people.

You've just been convinced that everyone who wants you to share is trying
to tell you WHAT to share and HOW to share it.  Your insecurities and
fears are making it impossible for you to listen to what people are
saying.  You only hear what you expect them to say.  (This is, of course,
metaphorical.  None of us are saying anything, just writing.  And you're
not listening, but reading.)

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin