Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Fri Jun 21 20:45:40 UTC 2002

Not necessarily.

There are many reasons one should seek the highest pay available for a desired position. Planning for retirement is one. Making sure you have sufficient funds for emergencies is another. They say you should have 2 months salary in the bank at all times. I don't personally know anyone that does that.

Another thing. Wages are continually going up for the most part. What is paying the most today, most likely won't be at a later time.

Socking that "extra" money away for a "rainy day" would be a good use of that extra pay.

Now, understand, I'm speaking from my technical career point of view. I'm leaving out a whole slew of issues that come up when you include the upper crust of management in the corporate world. I personally think those folks should take a pay cut and funnel that money to their employees, without whom they wouldn't have a job.

--
"The power to untie is stronger than the power to tie."

Well, yeah, otherwise my shoes would tie themselves.

---

Russ Johnson
Stargate Online

http://www.dimstar.net