[PLUG-TALK] Scot Craighead's mailer

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Fri Jun 21 22:31:14 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Scot" == Craighead, Scot D <craighead.scot at vectorscm.com> writes:

Scot> Here is a solution.  I will unsubscribe and you can delete all
Scot> the posts I have made from whatever it is that you are doing
Scot> with them and then you can continue to argue semantics instead
Scot> of content for the rest of eternity.

Before launching off on a "solution", let's review just what the
problem is.  The problem is that recently there has been a flurry of
messages, near as I can tell, numerous parallel threads with the same
subject line.  If you want "sane" and/or "helpful" contributions of
"content" to these threads, it helps a lot to be able to reconstruct
context.  Currently, that isn't really possible without repeatedly
reading *everything*.  I am disinclined to do that.  Thus the original
_request_ of mine to un-break various broken mail clients of those
participating in the plug-talk deluge (and that includes you too,
Jeremy).

Certainly, one solution to me finding it annoying not to be able to
tell what people are responding to is to not care.  You are free to do
that.

The semantics vs. content remark above is, I think, off the mark.  I
started a new thread and a new subject line to discuss it, so that the
"content" of this thread would be clear.

Personally, I would prefer *not* to discuss it (or other
"presentation" issues) for eternity.  I would _prefer_ that you fix
your emailer so that communication is easier.  Since you and I seem to
come from different planets, philosophically and experientially,
reducing barriers to communication would seem to be a desirable thing
in order to understand one another better.  Of course, this assumes
that better understanding is a goal.  It is usually one of mine.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible