[PLUG-TALK] Re: OT: ifconfig for MS Win2000

Mike Witt mike at computer-arts.net
Fri Mar 22 18:48:52 UTC 2002

Lemme try this once more. I may not have been very clear in
the way I asked it the first time.

People have written code to mimic many typical *nix functions
under Windows 2000. I'm curious if anyone knows if there is such
a piece of code that I can get somewhere, which provides "ifconfig"
functionality.

If might be that I'm wrong, and ifconfig type functions (such as
assigning multiple addresses to your ethernet interface) can be
done with ipconfig, but I haven't figured out how to do it.

Win2000 does appear to have the underlying functionality. But the
button I need gets "greyed out" when I'm set up to use DHCP :-)

-Mike