[PLUG-TALK] OT: ifconfig for MS Win2000

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Fri Mar 22 19:24:10 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Russ" == Russ Johnson <russj at dimstar.net> writes:

Russ> When you open the network configuration setup, you should have a
Russ> drop down that allows you to pick which card you are
Russ> configuring.

Russ> Pick the card you are wanting a static IP, and then select to
Russ> specify the configuration for that interface.

Russ> When you pick the other card, you can specify that it gets it's
Russ> information automatically.

Uh, I think he wants to assign _TWO ADDRESSES_ to _ONE_ NIC.
Apparently he _can_ do this if he doesn't use DHCP, but turning on
DHCP seems to trump that capability.  At least, that's how I've read
his question.  I have no /sbin/fscking clue what the answer to the
question is.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible