[PLUG-TALK] Legal vs illegal, or, the justice system in America.

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Mar 25 18:31:28 UTC 2002

I had a friend once that became a lawyer. He gave it up because our system
of justice doesn't depend on who's right and who's wrong, or what's illegal
vs legal.

If you ever need to go to court, he will tell you, "You have no rights...
Do you understand your rights as I've explained them?" He was driven out of
the legal profession by the desire to maintain his principles.

It all depends on who's got the most money, who can hire the most
attorney's, and what the judge believes.

BTW, my friend is no longer an attorney. He now lives on a farm, in Texas,
an happily lives within his principles.

At 11:35 PM 3/24/2002 -0800, you wrote:
> > 2. Neither of us are lawyers.
>
>Not yet.

Russ Johnson
Stargate Online

http://www.dimstar.net
telnet://telnet.dimstar.net
ICQ: 3739685

"We don't care.  We don't have to.  We're the Phone Company."