[PLUG-TALK] Legal vs illegal, or, the justice system in America.

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Mar 25 22:50:43 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Russ" == Russ Johnson <russj at dimstar.net> writes:

Russ> I had a friend once that became a lawyer. He gave it up because our
Russ> system of justice doesn't depend on who's right and who's wrong, or
Russ> what's illegal vs legal.

Russ> If you ever need to go to court, he will tell you, "You have no
Russ> rights... Do you understand your rights as I've explained them?" He
Russ> was driven out of the legal profession by the desire to maintain his
Russ> principles.

Russ> It all depends on who's got the most money, who can hire the most
Russ> attorney's, and what the judge believes.

Hear hear.

Just in case you wonder why I say that, see the info about my
ongoing legal case at:

        http://www.lightlink.com/fors/