[PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.

Craighead, Scot D craighead.scot at vectorscm.com
Wed Mar 27 21:24:25 UTC 2002

>A law is the law,  unless a jury nullifys it.
>
>A court's job is to APPLY the law AS WRITTEN-
>
>NOT to INTERPRET the law.

This is exactly what I was saying as well.  Lawyers and activists want the
courts to "interpret" the law so that they can bend it to fit their own
purposes, such as giving a guilty person an acquittal or inacting law that
no legislature that answers to voters would ever create.  Again, there is no
reason that laws should be hard for a layman to understand.  If they are,
it's to hide what they are doing.