[PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Mar 27 22:35:18 UTC 2002

Also Sprach Craighead, Scot D <craighead.scot at vectorscm.com> on Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 02:16:14PM PST
> Wil spoke thusly:
> >You should have been less disingenuous and said "liberals" instead of
> >"activists."
>
> I do apologize if I gave anyone the impression that I am not a conservative.
> That was not my intension.  I believe that the constitution was written
> intensionally so that the lay person could understand it.  That gives it
> it's power.  ("We, the people...") It takes a special kind of education to
> read those same words and think that "is" doesn't really mean "is".

You never have.  It also takes some special education to know
that the verb "to coin" doesn't mean "to make coins," even with
regard to money (sorry Jeff).

If you do believe that it was written intentionally so a lay
person could interpret it, how do you feel about the education
required to understand a document written in 200-year-old English?
How about the inability of the average lay person to not understand
a fair number of the words in the Constitution, particularly the
afforementioned difference caused by 200 years of language mutation?

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
irc.linux.com                             #orlug,#pdxlug,#lnxs