[PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.

Craighead, Scot D craighead.scot at vectorscm.com
Wed Mar 27 22:56:25 UTC 2002

>You never have.  It also takes some special education to know
>that the verb "to coin" doesn't mean "to make coins," even with
>regard to money (sorry Jeff).
>
>If you do believe that it was written intentionally so a lay
>person could interpret it, how do you feel about the education
>required to understand a document written in 200-year-old English?
>How about the inability of the average lay person to not understand
>a fair number of the words in the Constitution, particularly the
>afforementioned difference caused by 200 years of language mutation?

I am a lay person and I can understand it.  I read it in junior high school
and felt that I pretty much understood it then.  What I see on TV all the
time is people in fancy suits trying to twist meanings of words to justify
things they know perfectly well are wrong.  The second amendment is
perfectly clear, but people try to tell you it doesn't mean you have the
right to own a gun.  The first amendment is very clear, but just today a law
was signed that says you can't run a political add 60 days before an
election.  This is what I am referring to.