[PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.

Paul Heinlein heinlein at attbi.com
Thu Mar 28 00:04:13 UTC 2002

On 27 Mar 2002, Russ Johnson wrote:

> > > "Civil rights activists" are up in arms because this creates a
> > > double standard. Poor people depend on public housing...
>
> My point was the classic "liberal" interpretation that this is a rule
> that will only affect poor people. The activists citing a "double
> standard" after the already existing double standard.
>
> If only poor people can live in public housing, then only poor people
> will be affected by the rules of said housing. That's not due to the
> fact that people are poor.

The activists may have a point -- but they'd need to show that renters
in non-subsidized housing aren't subject to the same eviction rules.

I haven't looked at a standard lease in a long time. Anybody know if or
under what circumstances drug use can lead to an eviction from
non-subsidized housing?

-- Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>