[PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Thu Mar 28 02:30:20 UTC 2002

At 05:00 PM 3/27/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Russ Johnson wrote:
>
>>I'm prefacing this with the following statement: I am NOT in any way,
>>advocating either gun control or gun ownership. I don't own a gun, and I
>>don't intend to, but you may. It's not my call.
>

>Whose call is it, in your opinion?

Whether you own a gun or not? Yours. At least, as far as I'm concerned. The
law may or may not reflect that.

This is a well hashed argument and I won't take the time to correct you.

>I would however sugggest that you read the notes to the constitutional
>convention and then read what you wrote again.

There's no correction to be made. It's my opinion. I'm entitled to it
whether it's correct or not.

>>>So if they leave out the 200 year old definition and subsitute a
>>>NewSpeak version,  I think we can safely believe they must have had some
>>>purpose for doing so.
>>What is the "200 year old definition"?

You didn't answer this one.

>>>Paranoid is when you see conspiracies against yourself
>>>personally,  which do not exist.
>>No, paranoid is characterized by suspiciousness, persecutory trends, or
>>megalomania. It has nothing to do with whether they exist or not. Only
>>that you think they do. They may not... But then again, they may.
>
>You make no sense to me.
>
>Are you saying that anyone who reads the constitution is paranoid?

Oh my, jumping to conclusions now, are we? :)

I was simply disputing your definition of paranoid. You claimed (quoted
above) that someone is paranoid only if you suspect conspiracies that don't
exist. I'm claiming that whether those conspiracies exist or not is
immaterial.

In other words, "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to
get me." is a valid statement.

Russ Johnson
Stargate Online

http://www.dimstar.net