[PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.

Craighead, Scot D craighead.scot at vectorscm.com
Thu Mar 28 18:18:51 UTC 2002

>I attribute the current state of affairs to greed and lust for power.  We
>set up a system that covets wealth and allows that wealth to
>self-propogate.  Small advantages existed for the wealthy to wield power.
>Lust for power and greed are incredible motivators.  The powerful
>(wealthy) have the greatest ability to make change to society by
>definition.  Those people, acting in their own selfish interests,
>continued to modify the system to benefit themselves... first in small
>ways (as their small advantage in wealth gave them a small advantage in
>power) and then in larger ways (as their wealth grew, their ability to
>turn that wealth into power and that power into wealth also grew).  This
>degenerative cycle continues to this day and all that are not the wealthy
>elite (e.g. you and me) suffer.

Welcome to Earth.  That's just how it is and how it has always been.  The
difference is in a communists society, there are no safeguards for us little
people.  We have one safeguard.  The constitution of the United States.  It
works by limiting what the rich and powerful (who control the government)
can do.  The whole purpose of it is to limit the power of government so that
you and I can live as we choose.  In a communists government, the little
people are just slaves.  Marxism is just the pretty words that communists
use to justify making people slaves.  (We're doing this for YOU!  See how
much better off you are?  Those capitalists aren't stealing your labor!)