[PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Thu Mar 28 22:22:36 UTC 2002

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Craighead, Scot D wrote:
> >This degenerative cycle continues to this day and all that are not the
> >wealthy elite (e.g. you and me) suffer.
>
> Welcome to Earth.  That's just how it is and how it has always been.

You're right, of course.  That is how it's always been.  But at least you
recognize it is greed and lust for power that causes a destruction of
liberty.  It's not a communist plot.

> The difference is in a communists society, there are no safeguards for
> us little people.  We have one safeguard.  The constitution of the
> United States.

Wow.  Do you know what communism IS?

Communism is an economic system, not a political one.  The Constitution of
the United States doesn't reflect favor for one economic system over
another.

> It works by limiting what the rich and powerful (who control the
> government) can do.  The whole purpose of it is to limit the power of
> government so that you and I can live as we choose.

The whole purpose of communism is to limit the power of wealth and its
ability to coerce the public by ensuring public control of the means of
production of human necessities.

> In a communists government, the little people are just slaves.

I think you're confusing communism with Stalinism.

> Marxism is just the pretty words that communists use to justify making
> people slaves.  (We're doing this for YOU!  See how much better off
> you are?  Those capitalists aren't stealing your labor!)

I think a person can make a VERY strong argument that working in a modern
capitalist nation amounts to slavery for an enormous percentage of the
people.

While the propaganda on the right talks about the rising tide raising all
boats and the land of opportunity, real wages have steadily decreased
while working hours have steadily increased.  More than 40% of the people
have no wealth of which to speak and that number has also been steadily
increasing over the past forty years.  That's the recipe for a growing
slave class... just so you know.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin