[PLUG-TALK] Route command on Microsoft Win2000

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Fri Mar 29 03:37:34 UTC 2002

This is what I see when I run "route" with no arguments.

route ADD 157.0.0.0 MASK 255.0.0.0  157.55.80.1 METRIC 3 IF 2
        destination^      ^mask      ^gateway     metric^    ^
                                                    Interface^
If IF is not given, it tries to find the best interface for a given
gateway.

--8<-- cut here

At 04:35 PM 3/28/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>I have a MS Win2000 machine on which I need to point a host route
>at a given interface. I need to do this *regardless* of the fact
>the the machine doesn't *think* that the destination can be found
>on that interface, based on it's (dhcp downloaded) configuration.

Russ Johnson
Stargate Online

http://www.dimstar.net
telnet://telnet.dimstar.net
ICQ: 3739685

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a
nail
         - Abraham Maslow