[PLUG-TALK] Route command on Microsoft Win2000

Steve Jorgensen jorgens at coho.net
Fri Mar 29 10:43:26 UTC 2002

Windows NT/2K servers can do real routing (NT requires installation of
RRAS).  Workstations cannot - Windows workstations can only be given a list
of default gateways.

You options are:

1.  Run a Windows server OS rather than a workstation.
2.  Use a gateway to a router/system that -can- be told how to route to all
desired addresses.

If you are using a Linux router (this is a PLUG list, right?) then just
tell it how to route to where you need to go, and Windows will get where
it's going by using the Linux box as its default gateway.