[PLUG-TALK] Silly Hosting Question

Michael Rasmussen rasmussenm at columbiafunds.com
Fri Mar 29 16:21:48 UTC 2002

Alex,

Are you saying your domain is hosted by crsnic.net?  If so, you'll need to
pay up to get your domain back.  If not you are in luck.  According to
http:/bw.org/whois/whois.cgi you are the sole point of contact for Domain,
Admin, and Tech issues for loreseeker.com.  if you can still get email at
foxglove at onebox.com you can transfer your domain to another registrar.

As to being held hostage, the value of the services you're received and all
that:

You made a deal with them.  Even by your own description they've done
everything they promised.  You have not paid for the last two months.  By
the terms of your agreement, you own them the money.  IF you want the domain
it seems your only true option is to pay up.  Whether they have been able to
supply less service than anticipated for your cash is not at issue, nor is
it their concern or doing. You didn't use the service, that is your fault
not theirs.

I suggest chalking this one up to tuition in the school of life.

[Warning - I'm about to leave town for the weekend and won't see responses
to this until Monday.]

--
  Michael Rasmussen - Network Engineer, Columbia Management
  voice:  971-925-6723  cell:  503-807-1447  rasmussenm at columbiafunds.com