[PLUG-TALK] What is money? (was Fair Use, etc.)

J.A. Henshaw jeff at jhenshaw.com
Fri Mar 29 19:11:19 UTC 2002

Dylan Reinhardt wrote:

>>Then metals proved their superiority. These do not decay,
>>do not change in value so rapidly, and they share with wheat
>>and tobacco the one essential quality of also having value in
>>themselves for other purposes than for the mere basis of exchange.
>>People want them for personal adornment or in manufacture and the
>>arts - for a thousand uses; and it is this very fact that makes
>>them suitable for use as "money." Just try to count how many purposes
>>gold is needed for, because it is best suited for those purposes. It
>>meets us everywhere. We cannot even get married without the ring of gold.
>>

> I may just be one of the brainwashed masses, but I just don't get the whole
> "hidden history of money" thing.
>
> I've read a number of articles and spent hours listening to theories that
> carefully explain how somewhere in the process of going off the gold standard
> or developing Federal Reserve Notes everyone lost all their rights and we
> are actually virtual wage/interest slaves of an economic system that's secretly
> controlled by International Finance or some other monolithic secret body.
>
> Baloney.
>
> Gold has value in some industrial applications, as does silver.  Aside from
> that, they have almost no intrinsic value, no magical properties.  None.
>
> My willingness to exchange useful stuff (like food) for gold is contingent
> on my belief that most other people will be willing to trade me other useful
> stuff for the gold I'm holding.  Gold is nice and shiny, but I can't eat
> it, live in it or wear it on my feet.  In order for it to have real value,
> others must *believe* that it has real value... and those others could only
> hold such a belief if they, too, believe that most everyone shares their
> belief.

Dylan,

You are forgetting that the "tokens" as you call them, are
credit - not money.

You will see runaway inflation in your lifetime.

You also forget that the bankers have hoarded the gold.
They still seem to think it is of greater value than your
token of credit extended to your govt for which your govt
owes the banker interest...

It is a tribute to the deception as to how well disguised
the ripoff is.. but it is a ripoff,  nonetheless.

Were you aware that Alam Greenspan and Goldman Sachs were
under investigation for fixing the price of gold,  and that
the investigation was headquartered in the 26th floor of the
WTC?

The problem with your token is that it loses value while you
sleep;  and the banker who loaned it to your govt is getting
richer while you sleep.

That is not money,  it is credit.

They are not interchangeable, identical types of things-

and one is prohibited by law, because the founders were well
aware of the nature of the scam.

If you think that having the president and congress under
the thumb of bankers is healthy just because your credit
card is convenient,  you need to look a little deeper and
harder at what it is we're discussing.

jH