[PLUG-TALK] What is money? (was Fair Use, etc.)

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Fri Mar 29 19:35:03 UTC 2002

J> You are forgetting that the "tokens" as you call them, are credit -
J> not money.

J> You will see runaway inflation in your lifetime.

As someone who owes lots of money on a mortgage, I would *welcome*
runaway inflation.  With a little well-timed hyperinflation, I could
pay off the house in a year.  Bring it on, baby!

J> You also forget that the bankers have hoarded the gold.

a) I doubt it (there is probably more gold in landfills on
edge-connectors in abandoned PC's than in Fort Knox); and b) if so,
they are welcome to it.  I have _no_ use for gold.  It only has value
to me in that there are kooks who have an inordinate fascination with
the stuff, and given a pile of gold I would immediately convert it
into something I _do_ value.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible