[PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Mar 30 01:23:58 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Scot" == Craighead, Scot D <craighead.scot at vectorscm.com> writes:

Scot> Then why did the public schools I went to teach me these things
Scot> (or try to anyway)?

Read _Lies My Teacher Told Me_, by James W. Loewen:

Scot> One of our founding fathers (I don't remember which) said that a
Scot> republic can only survive if we have an educated public.

I find that a credible claim... even a proven one.

Scot> Why is financial aid given to college students?

I assume you mean federally supported grants and loans ... Because
middle class voters like the program.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible